Pilates Reformer is a system of controlled movements performed on a special bed or frame with a moveable, sliding carriage or platform. Using cords and pulleys – and springs to increase and decrease resistance – Pilates Reformer provides a safe, effective way to strengthen your core, lower back, and abs, and build uniform, lean muscles.
Y instructor Colleen explains, “Pilates Reformer strengthens from the inside out, turning the body into a strong and healthy powerhouse. Many of my clients leave saying, ‘I feel taller.’”
Spirit, Mind and Body
The Pilates Method of Body Conditioning is different from other exercise methods because it involves complete coordination of the body, mind, and spirit. It calls for a mental focus on breathing, precision of movement, balance, proper body alignment, and purposeful control. “In doing so,” says Mullin, “it engages the mind and body, elevates the spirit, and improves vitality and mental health. You feel better after every class.”
Great for everyone
Another benefit of Pilates Reformer is that anyone can do it. Each exercise and movement can be scaled to fit each person’s abilities and fitness level. And because it is so safe and gentle, it’s great for physical therapy, and for people who are recovering from injuries or dealing with issues such as “bad knees” or “shoulder problems.” Pilates Reformer also provides effective cross-training for walkers, cyclists, runners, and swimmers. It’s an alternative for building core and abs strength and sculpting muscles, without going to the weight room or risking injuries that could disrupt your regular cardio routine.
Why at the Y?
- Try out Pilates Reformer classes. The Y features:
- Top-notch certified Pilates Reformer instructors
- Professional Pilates equipment
- Class rates lower than those of many Pilates Reformer studios
- Private instruction available
We have pilates reformer studios at the Aurora, Downtown, Littleton, University Hills YMCAs only. Y members receive a discount on all classes and packages, purchase below THEN register for classes.
ARE YOU NEW TO PILATES REFORMER?
We do require all newcomers to our studio to undergo a evaluation session at $45.
To purchase a package, visit the front desk.
For more info contact:
- Aurora YMCA, 720 588 2703 or email Mcyveton Pierre-Louis at email@example.com
- Downtown YMCA, 303 861 8300 or email Mary Tricarico firstname.lastname@example.org
- Littleton YMCA, call 303 797 9622 or email email@example.com
- University Hills-Schlessman YMCA, call 720 524 2750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For pilates reformer class schedule see below (you must purchase a package prior to booking a class):