Get More Out of Your YMCA Experience
The YMCA mobile app has been update. Enhance your YMCA experience and use this easy resource for connection to your YMCA.
In August 2023, you'll notice in your mobile app...
- Improved customer experience and simpler navigation
- Quick access to fitness schedules and reservations
- Easy booking for Adventure Zone (child care while you work out)
- Simple scan in and logging of your work outs
- Tracking of your progress and BioAge
- Information about YMCA programs for adults, families, teens
- Member news and Y stories
Some important notes about the app update:
- Have you already enabled auto updates? The transition to the enhanced app experience will be seamless. No additional action is required as the new features and improvements will automatically be integrated into your app.
- Haven’t enabled auto updates? Don't worry! When you open the mobile app, you'll see a prompt to update.
- Neither of those options work? Go directly to either the Apple app store or Google Play Store, where you can easily download and install the latest version of the app.
Also, read more about the app update in the FAQs below.
Stay connected to the YMCA for your overall well-being!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Lots of things! Access your membership bar code and sign in at your Y location; reserve your spot in a fitness class; log a workout; reserve a spot in Adventure Zone for your child; access member news and upcoming program registrations; access Virtual Y/360; find out how to volunteer and much more.
You can also connect your fitness trackers to track your workouts. See how below.
Go to the Apple or Android app store and search "Denver YMCA". Make sure you select the right one.
If you're on your phone, you can download our app here.
The app works on Apple phones and iPads, Android mobile phones and some tablets.
It is optimized for mobile devices, so that will be your best experience.
If you were already signed into the existing app, there’s no need to re-sign in! The update will be downloaded, and you’ll open to your profile in the app.
If you are downloading the Denver YMCA app for the first time, follow the instructions below.
- After you have downloaded the app from the Apple Store or Google Play, you must create an account. It is important to use the email address associated with the email you used to sign up at the YMCA. That email address is also associated with your Virtual Y/Y360 account. See a walkthrough of the mobile app update.
- If already have an account, but cannot remember the password, click the reset password link, and reset instructions will be emailed to you shortly. Don't forget to fill in the profile information because it will have a direct impact on your bio age information and workout history details.
If you had a username, but cannot remember it, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Average first response time for customers is 12 hours. Time to resolution is dependent upon the complexity of the case and the current case volume. Simple account recovery typically takes 48-72 hours to resolve.
Once you are logged into the app, click on the button in the upper right-hand corner of any screen. It looks like a barcode.
If you double-tap the barcode, it will get larger which may be easier for the barcode readers to pick it up.
If you are an Apple user, you can add your barcode to your Apple wallet or download the Denver YMCA app for your Apple Watch to sign in that way.
Your bar code can be found in My Account. Once you log in, you'll be at the welcome screen.
Under My Details, your Bar Code Number will be at the top left.
From the home screen, click on Registration – Reserve Your Class.
You’ll be prompted to the Fitness Schedule. Select your YMCA location (Arvada, University Hills etc.). Classes for today’s date will automatically appear. Select the next day or the day you’d like to take.
A list of classes will appear with a “Reserve” button next to the class.
When you click “Reserve”, you’ll be prompted into Mindbody to 1-log into your account and 2- reserve.
Here is a walk through on how to reserve a class.
Also, see a video for now to cancel a reservation.
From the home screen of the app, click on top left circle. (My Profile).
From this screen, scroll down to Connected Apps. From there, toggle on the apps you want to connect with.
From the home screen of the app, click on Virtual Fitness/Y360.
From the next screen you can select 1- live classes or 2- Y360.
Activity levels are different levels you achieve for all of the activity accumulated throughout the day. Whether using a fitness tracker, or EGYM equipment, creating workouts and tracking them through the app, logging a group exercise class, etc. you earn activity points.
As you accumulate more points, you advance through the different levels. If you change your activity over time, you will move to different activity levels (either advancing or moving backward). Read more about how EGYM calculates activity levels in this blog.
Notifications are important ways for the YMCA to share timely news. We encourage you to turn on this notification.
Notifications appear on your home screen of your phone like any other notification. They also appear at the top of the home screen of the app below your profile and bar code.
If you still have questions, contact the front desk staff, health & well-being team, or contact us
Attention: The connection to Polar is no longer supported by the app. Once disconnected, the connection cannot be reconnected.